Skip to main content

What a week.

The week went by really fast and I have no idea what happened. I had to check the pictures in my phone to remember it all! Monday after my super hard job as a receptionist I had a competition training. The guy who trained my group is dang good at what he does. He is a police officer and taught us lots of good stuff. I really enjoyed the training and had so much confidence afterwards.

                                                   

      


Tuesday was full of homework. Have I mentioned that I'm a student? Sometimes I forget because shooting has taken over my life. To take a break from homework I met some ladies in my club at a local gun shop in down town Idaho Falls called Eagle Rock Armory. They have new owners so I wanted to see what they were like and what we can do for them or they can do for us. I really enjoyed our visit and I think I am going to really like the networking part of being Women of Caliber president. I like meeting new people and making new friends.


Once a month my gun club does a ladies league. Where we do a fun friendly match with just women. It is a good opportunity for women new to shooting, to come out and feel comfortable with other women. As president I got to help the Range Safety Officer set up our stages for the night. Because of my training on Monday I killed it at the match! I got 4th place out of 32. It was amazing! I couldn't even believe it myself. I have worked so hard this past year with my shooting and sometimes I would come home and cry with frustration because I was sucking so bad and I wasn't doing any better. With a new gun, training with a couple of really talented the guys, and lots of practice and confidence, I am doing so much better!
 All of the ladies at ladies league and our all time favorite Range Safety Officer! Hes the best.

Our friend Vanessa came to my match. She set Chris and I up in the singles ward 9 years ago and it was so good to see her! Shes into guns just as much as I am! 

Friday was work, of course I had to document my concealed carry outfit. I kinda made up "concealed carry Friday" and post my Friday outfits, since the rest of the week I am in scrubs or yoga pants. After work was my sisters birthday, I didn't get any pictures of that. Since it was payday that week and I had a coupon I HAD to go to Ulta, because I have a makeup problem.




Saturday we drove 45 minuets to spend about 3 hours in Costgo. Honestly, I was there for the churro and hotdog.

Sunday! I taught the lesson in Young Womens and I taught on why our body is a temple. I really stressed dressing modestly. I really think a woman is so much more beautiful when she dresses modestly and does not wear revealing clothes. I tried to give them fashion tips on being modest and fashionable. I also gave them a cute little gift of ivory soap and a wash clothe to help remind them to keep themselves physically and spiritually clean. I killed it at dinner. I made a simple chicken and veggie bake, and it was delicious.



                                and we ended the day with lots of cuddles, homework, and TV.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin