Skip to main content

Toothless Puppies

On Thursday the pups went in for a dental and their yearly shots. $500 later, between the two of them they had 7 teeth pulled. The poor babies were miserable. We had to buy them wet dog food, they mopped around the house and laid around all day. A few days of pain killers and they are back to themselves. We now call Roxy  Toothless McGee, since she lost all her front bottom teeth.
$500 teeth. Do you think the tooth fairy will reimburse us?

Sick babies just wanted to cuddle.

Friday morning I had a lunch date with one of my new Women of Caliber friends to explain somethings about the club. There ended up being another gal from our club there on her lunch break so we all ate together, and in true Women of Caliber style, took a selfie. 

Friday after work we had adult things to do. Like, not make dinner, have pizza and go grocery shopping. I usually never make boxed or frozen dinners (ok, except those delicious sweet potato fries pictured) I mostly cook everything from scratch and I love it. It is so fun to cook a nice home cooked meal from scratch, it makes me feel accomplished, like maybe I'm doing something right in life.  I sure have come a long way from the 19 year old wife I used to be. That being said, my home cooked made from scratch meals are expensive! Do you ever wonder WHY produce is so expensive? That usually is where most of our grocery bill comes from is produce. Maybe I should start making Chris ramen noodles for dinner, it might save us a buck or 50.


He is adorable, isn't he?

Saturday Chris got called out to work for an emergency, so I was left alone all day on Saturday. I got a big homework project done, and cleaned the house. I love a good clean living room. There is just something about a nice clean floor free of dog hair that makes me happy. Roxy loves when I clean. It is play time for her. She loves to attack the vacuum. 

Do you see Princess Roxy photobombing on the couch?


During Sunday dinner, I heard some tapping. I got up, went to the living room and kept hearing it. I thought the cat might have gone outside and was trying to get back in. I looked out the window and see three little hooligans trying to hide! One of my old young women from my old ward before it split, just got her license this week and I guess the girls were board. If you know anything about me personally, I LOVE to play pranks. Its what I do. Girls camp is my time to shine where I plan my pranks for a whole year and watch the girls cry when they are successful. That's probably why I was released as young women's president. But really, I'm not that mean. I only purchased a bear suit, no big deal. I love that these girls still think of me and play pranks on me. For my birthday they made me a cake and saran wrapped my car with cute notes written on sticky notes all over my car. They make me so happy. I loved serving those girls.They fill in the hole in my heart where there should be a baby,



Speaking of being a good cook, I burned my grilled cheese. See, what my problem is, when I'm hungry I want my food now and don't want to wait. Chris says my Indian name is, "Cooks with too much fire" For Saturday night's dinner I made grilled chicken and I tried to trick Chris by making him think I made mashed potatoes, when really I made mashed cauliflower. He didn't fall for it. But it was pretty tasty. On Sunday's Chris usually cooks for me, and if I do enough begging he even does the dishes. He made baked chicken, with carrots, parsnips, and rutabaga. Good man, I will keep him. I also had a beautiful bowl of fruit that was too pretty not to capture. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin