Skip to main content

Girls Camp

Every year girls ages 12-18 in our church go to "Girls Camp" for a week. These girls are called "Young Women" I have been a Young Women's leader for 8 years now. I was Young Women's President for a while, then Camp Director, now I'm just an advisor. Girls Camp was last week so I went up for a couple days. A year ago they recently changed our ward (church) boundaries so I am with new fun, cute girls, and it has been fun getting to know them! I love those girls. In my old ward I was a big prankster. I enjoy pulling pranks on people and planned all year for the perfect prank to do while at camp.  I even went so far as to buy a bear suit to scare the girls, it was the best purchase of my life. This year at girls camp no one was allowed to do pranks. Not like that has stopped me ever in years past, but I  feel like I can't be as rebellious in this ward like I have been. So,this year I sadly followed the rules. So there was no bear suit fun, and it hurt my heart. But it was fun being around the beautiful  Young Women, my old girls and the new ones. Years ago I started the tradition of going out late in the night before camp and pulling pranks on the priesthood, one year there was a manniquin involved, another was I passed around flyers that said "Chewbacca contest, call with your best chewbacca impression for a prize," with one of the guys phone numbers on it. So the night before girls camp this year my old girls wrote all over my car with funny, and sweet messages. One said "your boobaful" Becuase one year they covered my bed and camp stuff in bras with notes like, "your boobaful, your close to my heart, thanks for all the support" They are clever. It was a nice surprise to wake up to. One day at camp we went on a Hike. I went on Pack Saddle Lake. It was 7 miles round trip, straight up hill on the way there and straight down on the way back. My legs hurt SO bad the next day! But  enjoyed the hike and the lake was pretty. I also brought Mama Jo along to camp, since she is in Rhode Island and her and I have the best camp memories of getting in trouble.





Bear tracks on our hike 

Pack Saddle Lake 



I convinced the girls to give me a foot massage and they were not too excited 

I was these girl's President for their first year of camp, I have been with them for every single year of their camp. They are now almost 18 and this was their last year. They both have grown up to be beautiful girls!




Chris came to help, and as you can tell, he was so excited



When I came back from camp, my sister felt like she needed to get out of the house and leave me with her new born and 1 year old. So Chris and I went to go babysit for the night.  We watched the Olympics and did lots of cuddling. 





Saturday Chris and I went to farmers market, and walked to a Mexican food truck. We are obsessed with food trucks lately because we have watched all the seasons of Food Truck Road Trip on Netflix.

Mama Jo also came home this weekend! So Sunday night, Chris and I went to her parents house for a fun family dinner. I decided I can't go there anymore because they force fed me all this delicious  food and I regretted every moment. It was good to see Rachel and be with her again, and visit with her funny family. 





Some other miscellaneous pictures and events. 


Playing in the water with my niece, nephews, and sister.
sometimes a caffeine run is mandatory at work 



Working hard like always at the office 


And lets end with this adorable picture of my nephew









Comments

  1. Aw this post makes me sad and homesick. Move to RI, I'll be rebellious with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When