Skip to main content

We Ain't Broke No Mo'

I am going to start this post off by saying, CHRIS GOT A JOB!!!! Chris is now the Assistant Program Manager at the juvenile detention center. Chris got the call on Tuesday afternoon officially giving him the job, and he would start on Friday. This job has been in the works for months and we have waited so long. Chris has been working at the detention center for about 7 years now, just doing a couple hours a week of counseling. They approached Chris about starting a new program at their facility. So for the last few months Chris has been working hard putting together the program for them. They first had to get enough kids to run the program for Chris to have a job, then we had to wait for the county commissioner to approve the job, then we had to wait for the detention center's board to approve it, it was a long wait but we are so happy! I can't believe it has been 7 months that he has been laid off. Man, that was a long 7 months. We have always been good with our money, and we have always had enough for our needs and some of our wants. We were by no means rich but we lived a comfortable life, we never had money problems. When Chris was laid off I was so stressed about money. Money for the house payment and for groceries, and other things like Christmas. I have no idea how we did it financially, but we did! We had to squeeze the budget and it really wasn't all that bad. I had to cut back on my excessive shopping for no reason, and that was ok and I hope to continue that because I don't need any more damn stuff! I am so happy this is finally over! I cried all afternoon after we got the phone call. I was so relieved and I kept asking Chris if it was real, like is this really over? The next day I was so extremely tired. Its like I was so stressed these last 7 months that my body and mind finally relaxed and I was exhausted. I am excited to go back to a normal schedule and having a normal routine again.

Tuesday I had the privilege of watching my cutest nephews in the world! Man, I just want to squeeze them ALL THE TIME!


I did great again on my work outs and healthy eating this week. I worked out 5 times, and then I may have went over board on Friday night at Bunco letting myself have TWO sodas and then swinging by the McDonald's drive through at 10pm afterwards. No weight was lost this week and I'm blaming it on those stupid chicken nuggets. The guy at the drive though tricked me into buy two 6 piece chicken nuggets. I ordered small fry and nuggets and then he said for only 20 cents more I could make it a 2 for $3 deal and I said "Done!" But I was thinking I would get my nuggets and fries as my 2 for 3. NOOO, he meant two 6 piece chicken nuggets. WHO NEEDS 12 CHICKEN NUGGETS DUDE!? Amy helped me consume some, then I went home and realized what I did wrong and had to stop eating, becuase we all make stupid decisions late at night. Stupid chicken nuggets. Any way, one night I made papusas because I was lazy and they are good but I burned them, so sad. I really didn't care either because they weren't healthy and tasted fabulous! This week I'll start again at the gym and health foods and I have an appointment with my Nurse Practitioner to re-check my Thyroid and see if it is acting out again, which could be a major factor to my non-existing weight loss. 
Brown rice, sweet potatoes, and green beans for lunch


Roasted chicken and veggies 


My sister and I at pound, we both stepped in slush and soaked our shoes, 
good thing you can do pound barefoot! 


Amy and I of course took time at work to take selfies of our fabulous Lipsense


Friday afternoon I went to a USPSA match. It was cold but the sun was shining! I had lots of fun and I actually did pretty well! I think because I was frozen I had a tighter grip on my gun which must have helped because I didn't get last!



After the match I went home to get all fancied up for Bunco. The theme for bunco was a tea party. What a fun theme! I pulled out my pearls, dug out a headband and put on a floral dress.The food was all finger type foods and we had fancy tea cups. At the end we made a gangsta music video and it was fun. Amy and I decided to make our own Youtube Channel. Its called "The Amy And Alyssa show" check it out: The Amy And Alyssa Show I've added some of our old videos and we need to make some new ones! We made some videos in the car after bunco that are so embarrassing. You know when you and your friends are so drunk you act silly and dumb? It's like that, except we both haven't drank in 10 years and were completely sober. I am so glad Amy and I are not drinkers. We would be terrible friends.










Saturday morning I hit up the gym then Chris and I went to a cute little restaurant on the rail road tracks. After Lunch we went to my parents house to celebrate my dad's birthday.




 Kids helping grandpa open his gifts 



My dad was watching football on his phone during his party.... Old man. 

We will end the week with cute puppies:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin