Skip to main content

SOS: Please Send Chicken Nuggets

The week between Christmas and New Year's I did absolutely nothing. Not because I choose to, because I had some major plans to clean the house, but because I couldn't. Monday I hopped in our treadmill in the basement and then I decided to lift some weights with our weight set we have. I added more weight to my barbell for dead lifts so I could work on my booty and It must have been too much because I hurt my back SO BAD. Like, I couldn't move you guys. It was probably one of the worst pains I have felt. It made my week miserable. I literally laid on the couch and did nothing but watch Netflix and I was so bored. One day I didn't even bother showering because it hurt too bad. I did go to the gym one night and sit in the hot tub and it relieved the pain only temporally while I was sitting in the hot tub, but it sure felt good to just sit and rest in the hot tub.


For New Years Eve I don't even remember what we did? I think we had pizza and watched a movie. SO thrilling. 

This week I started a great week of my healthy dieting and work outs, and a new work schedule!! I only work two days a week now because I added more classes so I can graduate faster. I am so excited and nervous. I am worried I still won't have time to complete all my homework. I have made it a goal of mine to not have a social life these next few semesters! I really need to focus on school. 

As for dieting and exercising, it went great this week. I went to the gym 6 times this week! It was fabulous, I went twice in one day and I gave myself two rest days. I ate super healthy and I didn't have a soda alllll weeekkkk!! I treated myself on Friday and went to the gas station and got a small fountain of diet dew and it was so heavenly. I even went as far as getting a salad and McDonald's one night, it wasn't bad, but it sure wasn't chicken nuggets and fries. I lost three pounds this week and I felt fabulous. I think I was getting to that point in my life where I hated my body and hated myself. But going to the gym and eating right this week gave me a better confidence in myself and made me feel happy and positive. I lost 40 pounds then gained 20 so realistically  my first goal is to just loose 10. 10 shouldn't be too bad and an easy goal. Then I can work on that last 10 and be back to my slim self.


Here are some of my healthy meals:

Spinach, pesto, chicken and mozz on naan bread

Mexican Quinoa


This is what I had all week for lunches, shredded chicken breasts with franks and 80 calorie whole wheat tortillas

for breakfast I had protein, fruit and spinach

McDonald's salad :(

Grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans

my one diet dew this week

By the end of the week I was feeling super fabulous. Chris and I went to Texas Road House for dinner on Friday and the scale wasn't too nice to me the next morning. But I hopped back to the gym Saturday and eat great the rest of the day. In all I lost 3 pounds and I was pretty happy.

Friday night's concealed carry outfit

One of our friends just bought his first gun. That is so exciting. We took him and his family out the range so he could shoot it and so I could teach the ladies how to shoot and shoot my small carry gun. It was SO cold but a good time! I am happy when new people get interested in guns! 
Aren't they so cute! 


I told you about my friend Amy who sells Lipsense. I bought two lip sticks from her and they are awesome. They really stay on all day long. I got a neutral one and a bright pink one. I wore the pink one to work one day to dress up my scrubs. I wore a pink cardigan and it happened that Amy and Ginger wore a light blue cardi as well and we all looked so fabulous together. Our boss told us we looked like faries. So of course we had to take some pictures to show off our Lipsense too.


We are so pretty!


This is our sexy look. 

I ended the week with some church and my friend Rebecca came over so I could help her out with some family history. It was a great week and I am excited for the next one to keep working on my fitness goals, learn in school, and Bunco is Friday!! Party!!

Sunday best and smoothies







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin