Skip to main content

Snow Snow Go Away

My favorite Mama Jo was in town! So, Rachel always gives me a hard time for dressing up my dogs. She hates it when people dress up their pets!  I thought it would be funny to send over Roxy to her house dressed up in a dress so her kids and hubby could pretend they got a new dog while she was away. I dressed Roxy up in a little Christmas dress with a jingle bell necklace. My accomplices sent me this while operation Roxy was underway:
I then got snap chats from Mama Jo:
She recognized Roxy as mine and didn't fall for it. Damnit,

We then discovered this new fun app and proceeded to insult each other via pictures.



We all have that one friend.

The next evening she made homemade tamales! And I am a sucker for tamales. We went to her parents house for dinner and I made some cookies. After dinner we played a game and it was time to say goodbye. She won't be coming out for a while now! Please pray they sell their house so the whole family can be together in Rhode Island! Buy this house!! 




My loveliest friend Amy sells Lipsense. It is lipstick that is supposed to stay on your lips forever! In her Facebook group she was doing a giveaway and I won some fabulous eye shadow that is supposed to stay on forever. I got it this week and it really is fabulous. It upped my makeup game and made my eyes look amazing. It lives up to its name and stays put all day! I can't wait to buy me some lipstick. The only problem is there are too many pretty colors to choose from. I am such a makeup junkie. Check out Amy's page here: Kissable Lips By Amy

This week was finals week! This was by far one of my hardest semesters yet. My genealogical writing class was hard. Key word: writing. I am a terrible writer. I am pretty sure I'll end up with a B in the class because I have a issue with grammar. I speak hood and there is no use for proper grammar yo. Country Grammar ( if you were a teen in the 2000's you'd get it) I had to do a final project of compiling and writing a family history. There is a woman I go to church with who is a professional genealogist. I went to her house and visited with her for a bit this week so I could pick her brain about the trade and told her my concerns and frustrations. Some people don't understand my choice for genealogy as a profession, but it really is a career and you can make money doing it. People are interested in who they are and where they came from and they would hire me to search out their ancestors for them. It is like detective work. One time I had a friend of mine who wanted me to search out her father for her. She didn't know who her dad was and only had a name. I figured I search for dead people, why not try my hand at some living people? I did some work and found a name and phone number. I gave her the information and told her this is what I found that matched the given information and I wasn't really sure if it was him or not but to give it a try. The guy was on the other side of the country but she gave him a call. It was her dad!! I couldn't even believe it! I found her dad! This work is amazing and I am so grateful I have the love and talent for it and I am excited to help other find their family. The woman I visited with calmed my fears and gave me some tips and guidance for when I do start my own business. I am so grateful I know her and that I can turn to her for help. 

There were many faces this week during my last week of classes. 

One: What am I doing with my life?
Two: Hallelujah I made it!
Three: Please leave me alone while I hibernate till next semester

This week it snowed. A lot. We got 17 inches in some parts of the county. It snowed so bad that we had a leak at my office and my boss was out of town. Clearly mopping isn't part of the trophy receptionist gig.


It snowed so much and it was so cold. If you follow me on Snapchat you witnessed my distress. We had a family party to attend  on Saturday in the next town over. You have to drive down country roads to get there. The roads were terrible. Completely covered in snow and ice. I cried the whole time. I had a mini panic attack and told Chris he had to pull over. My plan was to get out of the car and start walking home. It was really bad and I haven't been like that in a long time. By the time we got to the party I was so worked up I made myself sick and had a miserable time at the party. The whole time I keep thinking about the dreaded drive home and how I was going to die. I didn't die, but I''m pretty sure that is the last time I ever want to drive in the snow. Ever. 




We did some more  "Light the World" this weekend. This time I stuck $5 in a Christmas card and wrote "buy yourself a movie treat" We then taped it to the Redbox outside the gas station. We waited in the car for a bit to see if anyone came but after 10 minuets it was way too cold and we went home. 


That's all for my fun super exciting life this week. Enjoy some pet pictures: 




















Comments

  1. I really need to change... Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the words of you " I'm 40, it's too late to change now"

      Delete
  2. Yeah. Ur right. I'll never change...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When