Skip to main content

Darkest Before The Dawn

 I love December and everything about it! We have done some fun Christmas things so far. For our Christmas cards this year I found a neighbor's shed in the alley for the perfect green backdrop. Chris cooperated for some of the pictures, and some... well, he was just his cute silly self. I even snapped a cute picture of the dogs. Here are some of the silly ones that I didn't use for the card. Even with Chris being silly, the cards came out super cute!




My office Christmas party was last week. You know how much fun I have a work! The Christmas party was going to be fun! We had to bring a $5 white elephant gift. I thought it would be funny to print out a picture of Amy, Ginger and I and put it in a frame.  Here is my prize:
So funny right? I thought everyone would fight for it. I mean, who wouldn't want a picture of us three? I was hoping the Doctor would get it and put it in the office since we were the "Three Blind Mice" In the picture. As we were playing the gift exchange I open up my gift and found this:

Sweet little Linsey thought it would be funny to put mine and Amy's picture on a bar of soap. The picture is just a great picture too. Haha! THEN some one opens another prize:

Well ain't that something! Everyone had the same idea! This is the prize that Ginger brought.  Almost everyone is fully stocked with framed pictures of Ginger Amy and I. This picture is now hanging in the billing office. Our boss put together a Jeopardy game, when you got a question right he gave you "funny money" to later trade in for a gift card of your choice. Chris and I cleaned house! Chris is so dang smart! After Chris won $110 there was a rule put in place that you could only answer two questions before you were cut off and couldn't win any more money. I ended up winning $70 before I was cut off too. Chris is just so smart! I have been stressing myself out a lot lately about money, since Chris doesn't have a job yet, its Christmas, and I'm going to be working less next semester. This money was really a blessing! We got some gift cards for the grocery store, Walmart, and other places. 




Over the weekend we went to a BYU-I Christmas concert. The BYU-I choir, was playing with dancing, and featured the oh so cute little David Archuletta and Nathan Pacheco. The concert was absolutely beautiful and the perfect way to start the Christmas season. David Archuletta sang a new song he wrote that brought me to tears. Its called "My little prayer" He told us he had a dream one night that he was talking to the Lord, but he was signing when we was talking to him. The Lord then told him to "Wake up and go write this down because you will forget it" David was confused in his dream and didn't know how to wake up from it, but he did. He woke up and went to the piano to write that song. The song is so simple and beautiful.  I felt like that song was something I needed to hear, about being patient and knowing my Heavenly Father IS really there for me and that even though we are going through this trial of no work and not having children. It's like he wrote and sang it just for me (and everyone else in the world) If you want to cry watch the music video here: My Little Prayer


You know how people say "It's always darkest before dawn" Well, our furnace broke this week! Yay! It was doing this thing where it wouldn't turn off when it got to the set temperature, and would keep blowing so the house got super warm, and the wires were melting. We spent night one in the cold, shut our bedroom door and turned on the space heater. Our room was pretty warm until  I woke up the next morning before work and the rest of the house was 54 degrees! There was no way I was getting in the shower! So I skipped my shower that day because it was too cold. Chris' uncle is an electrician and came over to fix it. He switched out some wires and left. The furnace did it again. Broke night two. I had to force myself to shower the next day! Ha! Day three he couldn't make it over, so another freezing night with space heaters. Day four he came back over and hallelujah! It was fixed!! Yay for heat! There is only a few weeks left this year, can anything else go wrong? I really hope not. I am so over this year. It really has been so rough and I want it to be over, I feel like I can't take any more. 
Roxy was so excited when the heat came back on!

My sister asked me to babysit one night. I love spending time with my nephews because they are so dang cute. I have to show you the  most PERFECTLY timed picture. 
Picture one:
Picture two:
As I was taking this picture it is like the whole world stopped and everything was in slow motion as I hit "click" and slowly watch the baby throw up all over my shirt and on his brothers head. I could not have timed that better! I also sent the picture into Ellen! SO FUNNY! After the little one cried all night and I put his brother to bed and enjoyed the peace and quite of a squishy baby cuddles






The Mormon church is doing a "Light the World" Initiative this Christmas season, where you do one kind act of service everyday. One day I gave a homeless man more money than I could afford myself, but I am sure he needed it more than I did. Last night we got some popcorn, and some Christmas Cards. In the cards I wrote " Enjoy a movie treat" I put the popcorn in the envelope and on the envelope wrote "To: You!" We then went to Redbox and tapped the envelopes to the card readers at the Redbox. We sat in the car and watched one guy go up to Redbox. He saw them envelope and looked around in confusion. He then took the envelope with a big smile. All while we were giggling in the car watching him. It was so much fun to do this! It was a very small act of service, and I wish we could do more but money is tight for ourselves, but I am sure it made a couple peoples night. To find more about "Light the World" Go here: Light the World





Misc pet pictures:








Comments

  1. I'm with you. Here's hoping 2017 is better for both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When