Skip to main content

Two More Years Closer To The Dirty 30

28. I can't even believe it! I was just a dumb 18 year old, when did 28 happen? Birthday celebrations happened last week. At work you get to pick out a birthday treat that the office gets you, and I chose Tres Leche from Cafe Rio. It was a delicious 800 calories.

My birthday is on the 28th and my nieces birthday is on the 29th. She turned 5 this year. She is the cutest sassiest, funniest, sweetest little girl, and I love her so much! I hope I can be her best friend when she grows up. Thursday I took her out to celebrate our big days. I picked her up from Daycare and we went to McDonald's. After lunch we then went to get our nails done! She was so sassy with the nail lady, it was quite cute. 
The day she was born. So precious.

Her 1st birthday. 






On Friday, my actual birthday I go to the office with my desk and front reception area decorated in 40th birthday decor. Haha...super funny guys... Apparently it was "all they had" haha. My lovely friends at work are great and I really do love them! Thank you for making me feel special, and old! Mama Jo is also in town! Since she knows my love of cookies she decided to bake me a bunch and deliver them to my office....in the bear suit..... I was sitting at my desk and saw the bear suit walking in and I died laughing! It was the funniest thing, to see a bear carrying cookies into a Doctors office. 







I got off work early so Chris and I could head to Lava Hot Springs. When I got home Chris gave me my gift from him and his mom. I wanted a DNA kit from Ancestry.com It will tell me what ethnicity I am, and connect me to other ancestors who have done the DNA test as well. It is quite spendy so I asked for Chris and his mom go in together and get it for me! I am SO excited! I may have even cried! I love family history work. I am such a nerd about it. A lot of times thinking of family history work makes me cry, because I love it so much. I know in my heart that this is the profession I am to be pursing. I am excited to graduate ( in a year) and run my own business as a genealogist and help others find their ancestors for them! I get such a joy and excitement seeking ancestors out, and finding out where I came from.
Friday night in Lava Hot Springs so nice! Lava is the tiniest town with the smallest main road with the cutest restaurants, shops, and hotels. Our hotel room was so cute! In the room we had a HUGE soaker tub that ran water from the hot spring. We walked down to dinner to a cabinish burger place, and it was so nice. The next day we drove 20 minuets to Soda Springs. I have wanted to go to Soda Springs for a while now. One day I found out that it wasn't real and I was so pissed and didn't want to go anymore. By not real I mean, The geyser is a fake! Ok, its not fake, but its not natural like Old Faithful. In the early 1900's they were trying to drill a hole so they could build a hot spring pool, they accidentally hit this geyser that shoots 100 ft in the air. They capped it off and they release it every hour. It is pretty cool, but when I first found out about it, I thought in my understanding that it was man made and I was pissed. The Geyser is pretty and Soda Springs is the cutest little town with the most beautiful scenery. I could live there. I am so grateful to live in beautiful Idaho. 


Our hotel




Fried ice cream SO GOOD 











Thai food in Lava on the way home

When we came home from our trip I got ready to go out with Amy and Ginger! We went to this bumper ball place and it was the funnest time I have had!! We are definitely too old for it, and it didn't take long to get tired, but running around in these inflated balls was so much fun. After our workout we went to dinner and enjoyed more time together, because we don't spend enough time together. After dinner I went to Sephora and literally spent an entire hour in that place. No regrets.





Sunday my family came over for some cake. I wish I took a picture of the cake! It was a pumpkin caramel poke cake that Chris made and it was to die for. My mom got me a new shooting belt I have been wanting for competitions and my sister got me a new pink magazine pouch I have been wanting as well. The competition season is pretty much over now, but it will give me time to save up for more magazine pouches and wait for my custom pink holster I am getting made from the guy at Ultimate Holsters who have been getting my concealed carry holsters from. 



Halloween came and went. It is one of my favorite holidays. there is just something so magical about it. Our boss let us forego our scrub tops and let us wear Halloween shirts. I also wore some kitty ears. My sister brought my niece to my office so I could give her a Halloween treat.  We don't get a lot of trick or treaters, so it was a quite night passing out treats while I watched Halloween town, a favorite Disney Halloween movie from my childhood. 


This is what you get for Halloween when your Aunt works for an eye doctor



Chris' Halloween treat he gave me! I am so loved

 Misc pictures:
My concealed carry outfit for the week









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When