Skip to main content

Thanks to the Giving

This week was adventurous. First of all, Jenni came to town for Thanksgiving break! For lunch Jenni, Lisa and I planned to meet at Kneaders. Jenni and I got there and waited around for Lisa who forgot! Lisa has an overnight job so she was sleeping. Jenni and I ended up grabbing our lunches to go and went to Lisa's house. Our date was cut off because Jenni had to be somewhere. We didn't feel we had enough time to chat and reconnect so we made plans to go out that evening. Jenni was staying at her in-laws an hour away so we decided to meet halfway in the booming city of Rexburg. We were there for HOURS just talking! We talked of our friendship and how friends come and go, but we have the type of friendship where we can go without seeing each other for a while and we will always be there for each other.  We snuck to the bathroom to make a little music video and said our sad goodbyes. We stayed out super late (for a week night) We didn't get home till about 1am. But it was such a good night! I love our friendship.



I feel like if we were to start a band either one of these would be the cover for our album



A lady also has to keep her friends safe so here I am packing my Glock 42 and I've been getting a ton of questions from where I got this belly band holster- here it the link: https://standforthe2nd.com/slim-wrap-belly-holster


The next day at work was tiring! Since I decided to stay out and party too late. The plus side was we only had to work a half day! Yay! After work I spent the rest of the night doing homework because BYU-I does not believe in Thanksgiving break. 





Thanksgiving morning the lovely Amy and I went to Zumba! Amy and I like to get down and dirty with our dance moves so it was only appropriate we busted out some booty shaking on Thanksgiving. After Zumba we had Thanksgiving dinner at my Chris' uncle's house and my parents house. Coming from Rhode Island and growing up with an Italian family we had a semi Italian Thanksgiving at my parent's. A normal Italian Thanksgiving starts you off with some Italian wedding soup, then stuffed shells, then you have your traditional Thanksgiving food. My mom made a yummy Italian wedding soup for us to keep the tradition alive. That evening Chris and I went to the movies to see Moana. It was a super cute movie and I recommend it to all, even if it is a Disney movie. 


I have little legs, and Amy has leggy-legs.




Since I missed Amy so much we went Black Friday shopping too. We left around midnight and hit up the stores. Most of the sales started at 4pm and 6pm, but I feel that is still family time and you shouldn't be shopping and making those poor retail workers work on a holiday. Even though it was past the time the sales started, we still got all the deals we wanted and then some. Amy is actually a Black Friday virgin, and she didn't plan on buying anything, but left with a killing. We started to loose momentum around 3am and decided to call it a night (morning) The only thing that would have made our shopping better, is if Ginger could have joined us!

Sleeping in the mall


We filled the backseat!


 I had a hard time falling asleep, and didn't end up sleeping until 5am. I woke up around 10 am and felt SO hung over. I haven't had a drink in nearly 9 years, but I will never forget what a hang over feels like. One thing I learned from my former drunken days was a cure for a hang over was caffeine and greasy food, exhibit A:


 Later that day when my hangover went away, Chris and I went out for some more shopping. While we were stopped at a red light a truck rear-ended us. It was really loud and it hit pretty hard. All I could think was, "Why is this happening AGAIN" I started panicking because of my PTSD. I was doing SO good! I stopped taking my medicine! Why is this happening? I went into shock mode for a while. I looked into the rear-view mirror and noticed the driver of the other vehicle pull out a baby and then saw a little dog jump out. My heart sank. Right then I stopped panicking and jumped out of the car to check on the baby. The baby was fine, and the poor lady had four little dogs in the car who were shaking so badly because they all went flying into the dashboard. I sat, pet and comforted the dogs for a while and then carried the baby to the parking lot so Chris and the driver could move their cars into the parking lot. Her air bags deployed and her car was in rough shape. The ambulance came but everyone was ok. We were truly blessed and protected that day. I had many loving friends concerned about my mental health- and I appreciated that more than they know. I thought this accident would reverse everything that I had worked on, but amazingly I am fine. I really am fine. I have flinched a couple times in the car since then, but that is normal. This just shows that the counseling I did really did help me cope with trauma in a different way I never knew before.

Saturday Chris and I went to the range to help a brand new shooter. Our new friend from church was interested in buying himself an AR-15, so Chris and I took him to the range so he could try out ours and try a couple of other options. I suggested his first gun be a 9mm, but once he shot that AR he wanted nothing to do with anything else! Sunday we invited him and his wife over for dinner, they are a cute newly wed couple and dinner was fun getting to know them and showing them our gun collection- Our new friend is from the Caribbean and was amazed we had so many guns, because they are illegal back home.



The only time you will see my kitchen clean with the table set. 

I also set up for Christmas- my favorite time of the year! I love my tree and all the lights, its so beautiful and magical.


















\




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When