Skip to main content

Guns, makeup, and brave things.

At the office on Monday I was wearing a bun, because I didn't wash my hair for three days (dry shampoo works wonders) Amy, my co-worker and friend said I was rocking the look with my glasses and bun, so I needed to make it official and stick a pencil in my hair. I left it there for a while until the Doctor came around, and he scares me so I quickly took it out. I needed a big detox from the weekend so I fed myself lots of fruits and veggies for lunch and throughout the day and flushed my system out with 100oz of water. I lost 2 pounds the next day. I needed it.


                                           


My days off are Tuesdays, and I am supposed to be doing home work on those days, I always forget that I am a college student. So I went to the gym, then went to the dentist. My dentist has a TV on the ceiling, its so fancy, I love it. As much as I hate the dentist, Ill handle it to watch cable. I watched a little bit of The Food Network while the lady scrapped away at my teeth. After that I made the most amazing lunch, a nutella and banana sandwich fried in coconut oil it was amazing. For the last month or so every Tuesday I have been gong to my good friend Jenni's house, who lives a block away, to watch The Bachelor with her. This week was the final rose!! Ben totally surprised us by picking a different girl then we suspected. I wonder what I am going to do on Tuesday now? I guess I'll have to start doing home work again. Sigh....



Tuesday night Women of Caliber volunteered at the Rexburg Mobile Food Pantry. We had a good turn out and had lots of fun. Afterwards we went to dinner at Applebees to socialize. I am grateful for all the support we had with the ladies who showed up, to help get our name out there and to support the community. It was successful event. 



Wednesday night I convinced the billing gal at work to play trophy receptionist for me (my boss called me a trophy receptionist once, and that is what I keep calling myself, hey, if it fits) So, I was able to leave work super early and head to Ladies League, that my gun club hosts once a month at the indoor gun range. I set up the stages, and it was so much fun. I got 4th place out of 22, not too bad for not being able to see the target since I refused to wear my glasses. We had new ladies come try it out and new members of our club to join. It makes me happy when I get to meet new women who are interested in shooting. 

At ladies league I got a message from one of Mama Jo's spawn. The kid was looking for some extra cash to get her hair done, so I said she could clean my liter box. Miss Hannah came over after my match and I put her to work. I even convinced her to do my laundry. The kid will do anything for 10 bucks, and it was the best 10 bucks I have ever spent. Mama Jo was mad that Hannah looked so happy to do chores for me, haha. I used to be their Young Women's President at church, and your leader is always cooler than mom is, right? But, if Mama Jo was my mom, Id have the coolest mom around! That's why she is called Mama Jo.




I met a man in Salt Lake City a few weeks ago who was interested in shooting. He works for Nimble Storage and has clients up in Idaho Falls. We have been communicating these last couples weeks about my Women of Caliber taking some of his Idaho Falls clients shooting. So I got Corie and Angela to round up all our guns and entertain these guys for a few hours. It was so much fun. I got to shoot a lot of different guns. I even did something I thought I would never do, I shot the 50 cal. It is a really really really big gun that has a lot of power and a lot of bang. I have always watched people shoot it and was terrified to shoot it myself since I have such bad anxiety. Corie convinced to me to shoot it, and said If I shot it I had to be the first one to shoot it so I wouldn't watch everyone else and then back out. I grabbed one of the guys that works at the range to help me. I had good support from  my friends and they made me believe I could do it. So I got down, shot it, and holy cow I didn't die. It was a super loud powerful gun and I am so proud of my self for being able to do it. If I can shoot that gun, with my PTSD, I can do anything. We had a good time shooting, we got free shirts, the guy paid for all the ammo, and the range time, and he gave us a generous donation towards our team, that we ended up buying a tablet with to load pictures, vidoes, and to use it for scoring. He says he wants to do it again when he comes up again, and I think hey, if you pay for my ammo ill do anything!


I am a sucker for make up. I have a problem buying it, I love to try all the new products and I love spending my money on make up. Ill buy my clothes at WalMart, but when it comes to makeup, I spend the big bucks. I went to Ulta the other day and  I was suckered into buying a foundation that says was supposed to be magic for your face, so I gave in and thought if anything can cover up my skin ill buy it. The picture of the girl on the cover looked amazing. I am not sure it was as magical as it claimed to be, I am not impressed yet, did it make me look like a new woman? 

left is no makeup, right is the "magical foundation"
This is Roxy modeling my make up space. 

Today was concealed carry Friday! I just made that day up, but I go with it. This what I wore to the office today to play trophy receptionist. Roxy likes to stand and watch me take my pictures, and sometimes she photobombs them. This time, I let her have her spot light and be in the picture.
 


I got out of the shower and this happened. there was no room for me, and I am pretty sure none of them were invited. They are preparing me for mom life.


Comments

  1. I see your butt. I know you're pretending to shoot, but all I noticed was your bum...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin