Skip to main content

Empty highchairs and Shooting Matches

My eyes have still been giving troubles since I got them. I can't see anything at night time, and I feel like I just might die when I drive at night. So the Doctor at my office tried a new lens on my glasses for the night to see if it would help. I looked pretty silly with it. But I feel like that lens worked better, so the Doctor gave me a new prescription so maybe I wont die next time I drive at night.


Instead of going to the gym on Wednesday I took the pups for a walk around the park. I have this pouch that is a holster from Pistol Wear that I won in a raffle. I didn't like the holster very much when I first got it so it just has been sitting in my closet. I decided to give it a try on my walk and I actually really liked it. I even did some running with it and it worked fine. I think I will like using this holster when I go work out outside. In the summer I like to run and walk the dogs around the river or at the park, so this holster will be a very comfy way of me still being able to work out and carry my gun. 


This week the other receptionist went on vacation so I actually had to work. Work? I know right, I don't do that. My two and a half work days turned into three full days and one half! it was rough, but   I was still able to find time to shoot guns and do homework. here's me at work not being happy about my fourth day in the office. 
On Friday, Chris and I just happened to match!

I had a couple of matches this week. Tuesday was an indoor USPSA match, that I proudly took last place in. One round I did get ALL alphas which was great! But the rest, I have no idea what happened. Saturday was my favorite type of match, Steel Challenge. I love doing Steel Challenge, and it was the first outdoor one of the year. Even though it was freezing outside, the sun was shining and I could smell fresh air. Chris and his friends were on the same squad as Women of Caliber, so it was fun to be with my ladies and my husband. Oh, and did I mention that I beat Chris in the match? I got 31 out of 56! For lady, I got 2nd! Woohoo! I rocked it, and I can't wait till next months Steel Challenge, maybe it will be warmer!






The pups were extra cuddly this week, I think they know spring is coming and mom is almost done with the semester. Then they will have me all to themselves and we will have lots of outdoor adventures in the sun.

I have such good supportive friends. For the longest time I have wanted a wooden highchair to match my kitchen table. I know they are hard to come by so I have been looking for a while, since only the Lord knows when I will need one. When we first started our fertility treatments Chris found a wooden highchair all the way in Utah, and suprised me one night and drove all the way down to Utah to get it for me. That was so sweet of him, and I cried. Well, My dearest friend Jenni, refinishes furniture, and I bought my kitchen table from her. She has been on the hunt for a wooden highchair for me for a while. She found a beautiful one for me and finished it to match my kitchen table. She is so sweet and I almost cried. Now, I have two wooden highchairs and no baby. I set it in my kitchen and it looked perfect and almost unreal to see a high chair sitting in my kitchen. The only problem is, it's empty. I have no idea when I get to stick a tiny little cherub in that chair, but I can only to continue to pray, hope, and wish for that day. For now, the highchair will make its home in my basement where I hope it won't collect dust for long. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin