Skip to main content

Spring Break

Remember last week when I said my teacher didn't accept my final project? Well, I ended up with a dreaded C+ in that class. It dropped me a whole letter grade. A lot of people are so shocked that my teacher wouldn't accept my final project, I am still in shock too. I did fairly well in my other classes ending with an A and a B, if the stoner high schooler I used to be could see me now!

I started off the week at the nanny job. Those kids were so good! They are seriously good kids. It was a fun day and the kids and I were so tired at the end of the day. We played outside, went to the skate park, watched a movie, and colored. We had a good fun day and I am excited to keep doing it for the next couple weeks.

I only work 2 days a week and my boss wanted to do a training last week so he got someone from the software company we use to come in an do a 2 day training for us. I took one day off as a "mental health day" I told my boss if he was making me come in on my days off I was taking one of my regular days off. I took the dogs to the dog park and let them run around. Chris and I ended the day with a bike ride around the hood and walked to a friends house to have dinner and play games.





Lots of people are jealous of where I work because my co-workers and I are always posting fun things we do at work. We actually work really hard but we post the fun things. If you were really wondering what it is like to work with us here is an example:

Ginger is the sweet kind angel and I'm the thug who threatens to fight everyone. Thursday we had a prescription rep come to our office and deliver goodies and samples of drops. Tanja and I took a selfie to show the other girls who weren't at work just what they were missing

Thursday was our gun club's meeting. I dressed up in my Bear and Her Honey bullet jewelry. I am so happy to represent this company and have been getting lots of questions about my jewelry. One guy at the gas station said I looked dangerous. Well, obviously! I also was fully equipped with my Glock and my favorite holster from my favorite holster company Ultimate Holsters



Friday was Bunco night! Ginger was hosting and she did a fun hippie theme! It was super fun getting dressed up and it was super easy because I already had everything! After bunco some ladies and I went out to after party for more sheenanigans. We played a fun game where we picked tables and told stories about them, who they were and what they were doing. Guys, it was so funny! You have to play it. After Applebees we went to Lisa's work and vandalized her car. Typical. When the ladies dropped me back off at my car I noticed it was saran wrapped! I thought my friends were so sneaky but I looked inside and there were flowers and a note that said "wrapped up in you" It was from Chris, he is so sweet and I don't deserve him! He was in Salt Lake all day for a training and decided to surprise me. I really do love him.
This is us ladies at work at our training. We never see each other in real clothes besides scrubs at work and dressed up at Bunco. Us classy ladies were cardigans. 

Never trust a hippie. 





Kris was pretending to be all the hippie's drug dealer. 


Amy and I have a thing for taking sexy selfies. I think we did pretty good ;) 



We had delicious special brownies. 






Saturday Chris and I headed to Lava Hot Springs for a little get away. The weather was perfect to soak outside in the hot pools. We really had such a good fun relaxing time! We didn't have anything to do or anything to worry about, it made for coming back to work really hard today. We ate dinner at a cute little pizza joint that reminded me of an old western saloon. I have a thing for hotels. I LOVE to stay in hotels. The beds and pillows are amazing and I always have the best nights sleep in a hotel. The room we stayed in also had a huge soaking tub that filled with the hot spring water. Our trip was heavenly. 








He loves his fried chicken.

Sunday we unfortunately had to wake up and go home. We found a church to go to and then got on the road home. We went to my parents house for Easter dinner. Every year my parents do an "adult" Easter egg hunt where they hide one golden egg with $20 in it. I won it this year! It was fun. Afterwards we all just hung out in the backyard in the sunshine listening to music and just relaxing. 





This is how tall my sister is. We are all standing straight. 





I had such a good spring break and I am sad that it is over. Today I started the spring semester at BYUI and it will go until July. I only have 2 more semesters after that! I can't believe I am almost done! I never pictured myself as a nerdy genealogist, but here I am, killing it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin