Skip to main content

I am a Free Woman

This last week was finals week. I didn't have any exams to do thank goodness, but I had some research projects to do. Lets talk about how much of an idiot I am. Thursday night, I attached my 20 document research project to my submission page, and then I was officially done with the semester. The next day I opened the laptop and saw that my project was still sitting there...un-submitted! My teacher has a strict no late work policy so I thought I would take the chance and email her and tell her I loaded all my documents but I never clicked "submit" I got a very nice email back from her saying, " I will not accept late work after April 6th, let this be a lesson to double check your submissions." I am kind pissed about it. I already have a B+ in that class and I am worried what this will bring my grade down too low! This was by far the hardest semester I have had, ever! I am so glad it is over! 3 more semesters and I can graduate. Now for a summer of laying by the pool and shooting!

Monday I decided to skip my work out class and sit in the hot-tub. I was sweating, therefore I still burned calories



Tuesday morning I woke up and did my weight class and with the stress of finals got ice-cream after dinner. It is called balance.



Thursday was my last official day of classes and I treated myself to a spa day. I went for a microderm to clean up my face and I got my nails done. Words cannot express how nice it is to let some one do your nails! I haven't gotten my nails done since before the semester started and the gals at the salon noticed my bright shining face hadn't been there in a while. Lisa and Kris were getting pedi's while I was getting my nails done so afterwards we went for a quick lunch date with my ladies. I was kind embarrassed because I am so self conscious without make up on, but I suffered going out in public with a fresh face. 


My friend Katrina and I ( we are actually 2nd cousin in laws too) went to the range to practice for a match on Saturday. We had lots of fun! We did some drills and got some good practice time in. Girl time at the range, I love it. 

I have some exciting news to share! I have the opportunity to be a brand rep for a company called Bear and her Honey. It is a jewelry company made with empty casings. It is perfect for a gun girl like me, I love to get dirty on the range and play dress up the next day. Bear and her Honey really is a great company and I am so excited to represent their company and help promote their products. I have loved the pieces I have gotten and I am very excited and honored to be part of them! Check them out here: www.bearandherhoney.com/



Saturday was the first big match of the season, my third season! I can't believe I have been competing for 2 years now. I love the sport so much and I love the people I shoot with. We had a good day of shooting. Unfortunately I got DQ'd though. I cant believe I let myself get DQ'd. I broke the 180 rule and I am so mad at myself, it has been one of my worst fears and I am actually surprised it took me this long to let it happen. But I was encouraged from some of the guys that it happens to everyone and its ok. I got lots of helpful tips from the guys and learned new things. I also was able to brush up on my RO skills. The last time I was an RO was probably in the summer when I first became certified. I learned lots of new things as well and I am grateful for all the help I receive. I can honestly say I have learned so much more about the sport since I have left Women of Caliber than I ever did when I was part of it. I love shooting with the guys better, although I do miss some of the ladies.The match got hailed out and had to end early and I didn't feel too bad about getting DQ'd because we had to end it early. After the match a bunch of us went out to lunch/dinner and had more fun. I have met some of the coolest people from this sport that I don't think I would have ever been able to meet. I am excited to meet more people and strengthen friendships as well. 


This is my favorite picture, just being sassy. 

In the car after the hail. He's pretty cute, I got a good one. Even though he has threatened to put an add up to get rid of me ;) 

Sunday Morning I got the strangest text from my sister. 

Her husband is out of town and she decided to invite herself over for dinner. Of course I am a good big sister and said fine you can come over. She brought cupcakes and my cute nephews so I guess it was alright.




This week is spring break, and I get to work 4 whole days! I start a month long nanny job this week and I am so excited for it! My boss also is flying in someone to do a 2 day training for us so I have to work on my days off. Doesn't he know I am the trophy receptionist and I don't work? 


I hope you all have a fantastic week! Enjoy some cute puppies
I bought the pups the cutest new accessories and they are adorable! 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin