Skip to main content

Bunco and Shooting

Last week was Bunco! My favorite night of the week. Bunco was at Amy's house all the way in a far far away town. It was also St. Patrick's Day. After we played Bunco we all decided to go down town to hit up some St. Patrick's Day festivities. As I was driving down the highway back from Amy's house I heard something funny. I thought it was just the wind blowing through a crack in my back window so I didn't think anything of it until 7 miles down the country highway I noticed there was smoke coming from the back of my car. I pulled over and low and behold I had a flat tire that I had been driving on since Amy's house. I called Amy who was ahead of me to turn around and come back, I then called Chris to come and save me. It was so dark and I was in the middle of nowhere. As Amy and I sat in the car waiting for Chris to come save me we of course did what we do best and made a music videos like to goobers we are. You can watch it at our YouTube channel The Amy and Alyssa Show . Chris so kindly came and put a spare on my car, and since I told my sister I'd be her DD for the night we switched cars and I went down town to meet my sister. I got my free diet coke at the bar and was on my way, it was packed and there were way too many people out.



The last 13 weeks the gun club I shoot at has been doing a winter league. I shot the last one and it was finally perfect shooting weather! I was so tired of shooting in the cold, snow and mud. I was happy with the sunshine and dry ground. After the last match there were awards. I won a pretty sweet trophy, I got 1st in my division for the ladies. I was so excited! I almost wanted to cry, because as a girl in this sport it is really intimidating and the guys are always going to be better. I have been working so hard with my competition skills. You know how many times I have wanted to quit this sport? Too many to count. But, I keep on going because I love it! It really is something I truly enjoy and something you can keep progressing at. This spring/summer is my third season of competitions and I am excited for this upcoming season to see what it has in store for me!


Saturday was one of the first Saturday matches that Chris and I shot in. It was Steel Challenge and it was cold and windy but a good way to spend a Saturday. Here's to the Saturday's I wont be spending at the gym but instead rolling my tired ass out of bed, maybe showering and getting out on the range. 
He is only a fair-weather shooter but still cute 



your weekly does of pet pictures:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When