Skip to main content

When You Don't Come Out and Play, You Get Tee'peed

This week Chris and I went to a free concert on the River where a shooting friend of ours was playing. Chris said I was too young for it because it was old rock songs I didn't know. But, It was a good time and a nice cool night outside by the river supporting a local band.

On one of my days off my sister decided to be adventurous and take out her newborn and her 11 month old out to the lake. Me being aunty nanny, of course I went along to help. It was a successful day and no one cried (too much.) 




Is he just the sweetest babe?


My attempt at eating healthy this week was pretty successful. My work out routine was almost non-existent though. Since the Fourth of July I didn't have much time and only made it to the gym once this week. Can someone just add an extra hour to my day everyday so I can go work out? I've got a gut to work on. 




We are on week 2 of Chris at  home from being laid off. He still hasn't found a job yet. BUT he has been doing the laundry, which I will not complain about. Since we have more time together we went to the range to shoot. I shot a shotgun for the first time and almost didn't cry. Chris has two 12 gauge shotguns, a shorter barrel and a longer barrel. They almost knocked me over and the longer one was almost as tall as me, and I have a bruise around my armpit. I am not a big fan of shooting rifles but I am a fan of trying new things occasionally. 


This is the look of "what the hell just happened"

 Friday night was our monthly Bunco night. It was so much fun! We started off the night with pre-gaming at the gas station with caffeine. The theme for Bunco was Christmas in July. Equipped with Christmas decor, Christmas breakfast, and Christmas prizes. After Bunco we took the party to a local bar downtown, and rolled up like gangsters in a minivan. We sat outside on the patio for a while and talked, drank, and ate more. Our friend Lisa wasn't able to make it to Bunco this month because she had to work so a few of us went to her work, at a behavioral health center, and Tee'peed her car! We almost got caught when one of the employees pulled up, so we ran to our get away car-the mini van, and the flashers came on. We were so sneaky. In the end Lisa was sad she missed out on Bunco and we missed her terribly.
My concealed carry outfit for Bunco. I am still loving this belly wrap. I carried on my back that night and it was super comfortable. 










Saturday morning there was a USPSA match. I haven't been doing much shooting lately and it definitely has shown. I actually thought I did pretty well in the match yesterday but when I checked out the scores I placed last. I haven't been last in a long time. I have usually been placing about in the middle. I was pretty disappointed, and just a few months ago I was shooting pretty good and scoring well. I don't think my head is in it anymore right now. I have so much going on that I just don't think I have been focused too much on it. Time to pick up my game and get back at it! First, Chris needs to get a job. 






And lastly, Jasper got himself a fur-cut and looks just the cutest!




Comments

  1. I passed Iggys yesterday to walk at Oakland Beach. Chris is wearing the shirt, just have him get a job there...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin