Skip to main content

What Happend To My Life?

So I am a week over on my weekly blog! Why? Because I forgot I am a student and have real life responsibilities. I had a big research project for class that took me all week to research and then days to put together my findings. It was fun! Basically they gave us "This persons name is such and such and they were born in this year, now find more records on them and build their tree" It was a good project to practice my family history research skills and build trees for clients. I thoroughly enjoyed the project and I hope I got a good grade on it because I took my final and failed it. I have a high enough grade in the class that I don't think my final should effect it TOO much. My problem was, I had an emotional family situation happen, and then like an idiot decided to take my final. Which in return was a bad decision because I failed it.

Basically this is what happened in the last week and a half: Work, gym, pool, water, babysitting, homework, NOT housework, repeat. My life is SO interesting, isn't it? Why do I blog? I thought I was a fun person someone would like to read about. Well, at this point in my college career my blog has become a place I can empty my camera roll throughout the week. Because I have a million puppy pictures on my phone, and who doesn't like a good puppy picture? So, be prepared for a hodge podge of pictures.

We are on week 4 of Christopher being laid off. It has been nice to have him home to help with dinner and laundry, but he really needs a job. He's had a couple interviews and we are waiting to hear back from one that would be really good for him. Keep praying for us! That being said, we have been able to spend more time together. One night we went to the temple in Rexburg, another we went to a Chukars baseball game, and we have been spending lots of time at the pool and hotttub at the gym and taking the dogs for walks.




Jasper got tired on our walk and Chris had to carry him the rest of the way.


Ive been babysitting my nephew , hes been helping me study and we have spent lots of time outside and in the water. One day we went to the splash pad with my sister, his brother, and some of my friends and their kids. I also got to spend a minuet with my other niece and nephew. Don't my niece and I look SO much alike? She is my little mini me. I really love being an aunt. I think it is one of the greatest things in the world, I love those kids so much. I think an aunties love is much different. I saw a quote one time that said, "Aunt, like a mom but cooler" 

helping me with homework





Work has been adventurous as usual. I love the people I work with! They are so fun and make a day of work enjoyable. We get paid on the 1st and the 16th of the month. This pay period the 16th happend to be on a Saturday, meaning we wouldn't get paid until Monday the 18th. Thursday I had the brilliant idea to be extra nice and sweet to my boss to try to convince him to pay us on Friday instead of having to wait till Monday. I kept stopping in to his office saying hello, asking him how he was,  and was planning on bringing him treats. I got others to be extra nice to him too. He caught on though and thought there was no way that the universe could be allinged in a way where we would all be so nice to him at once. Then I thought he may not even be at work on Friday, since our clinic is close and he doesn't come sometimes on Fridays in the summer. So I kindly asked him if he was going to be at work on Friday and he said he wasn't, he was going camping. I got pretty upset and told him it was a waste of my time being nice to him and I wasn't going to be nice to him anymore (jokingly of course.) Well, he ended up figuring out why I was being so nice to him and told me to figure out my hours the rest of the week and collect everyone else's hours so we could get paid that day! My hard work paid off, and I got us paid early! Out of the kindness of my heart I bought my boss his favorite soda and signed it his "trophy receptionist." 

       
Amy tried on my glasses, she has such a small face and my glasses are so big. Shes kinda cute. 




I had to work an extra day that week for Amy. I had to work 4 FULL days! 
It was rough. I wont ever do it again. 


One day it was one of the Doctors birthday, and it was my job to go get my bosses credit card and buy some cake and ice  cream! Amy thought it was pretty funny I had all my veggies out, while I was eating cake.



My biggest concern while Chris is out of work is groceries. We buy a TON of produce when we go grocery shopping, and produce is expensive, did you know its expensive to healthy? Grr. And thank you Idaho, we don't qualify for ANY services like food stamps. (what?! I was pretty mad) I am really worried I will have to trade in my fresh produce for ramen. I have worked so dang hard to loose 40 pounds (and gained 20 back) That I don't think I can handle not having my produce. Please pray that Chris will get a job soon! 


One evening Chris and I went to the river to walk around, skip rocks, and sit by the water. It was a nice night together. I sure have missed having him around while he was working so much.





And here are your cute puppy pictures of the week:


I took the dogs to Young Women's with me. The girls loved them! 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin