Skip to main content

The Week After My Trip

I have been running non stop since I got home from Rhode Island. dishes were neglected, lauundry wasn't done. And I had little sleep. Saturday morning I thought it was a brilliant idea to wake up early after getting home at 1am to go shoot in a match. I was tired and exhausted and I probably should have stayed home. It was a big deal for me to shoot in the match because it was a year ago I shot in my first match and finally got over my fear. A year ago I pulled up to the match crying wondering what I was thinking. A year later, I now do this several times a month and have improved my skills tremendously. A year ago I got dead last, this year I finished 30th out of 37. It really wasn't one of my best matches because I had only gotten off a air plane hours before from an emotional week. But I wasn't last!





Sunday evening was dinner at my parents house and I got to hug, hold, squeeze, and kiss this:



After a very long Monday and going back to work, the next day was Election Day! It was a fun filled day of working a long 14 hours with some great people. Boy I was so tired though, because it was my normal day off and my life had gotten pretty busy. 

Wednesday the Tamale lady found me at work! This is so not good. I can not resist a tamale. I quickly bought half a dozen and was so excited that someone else made dinner for my family that night. After work was our monthly Women of Caliber Ladies League. It is always a fun time where it is just the ladies having fun. I placed 4th out of 29. I was so excited and very proud!



Thursday was the best day of my week! I finally had the day off! I was lucky enough to baby sit my friend Amy's baby. She was a doll and was so sweet. I loved our day together. The dogs were pretty jealous that there was someone their size needing my attention, so the dogs stuck right by my side fighting for my attention. After the sweet angel left, I took the most amazing nap in the world. I was so emotionally and physically exhausted from my last few weeks that it felt so nice to not worry about things I needed to do and just sleep. In the evening I went to Zumba! I had not been to Zumba in over a month and had not worked out in more than 2 weeks. I can feel it in my gut and I am not too happy about the extra pounds I have found. I almost died at Zumba but it was amazing to get my sweat on again! 


Friday I decided to cut my hair off! I needed it. I have been trying to grow my hair out, and it just got to the point where it wasn't growing any more. It was so dead that I figured I needed to start over and go short. I was so nervous to loose my hair I have been trying so hard to grow, but it came out sooo cute! I love it! It is so fun and full of life now. I was also very sick of my ombre that I colored it back dark again as well. 



I also went on a hot date with my hott husband to a BBQ joint Friday.

Because I had been eating this for the week: 


Saturday morning was another fantastic day of Zumba! I am glad to be back in the work out groove! For lunch, Mama Jo is in town from Rhode Island so we went to our favorite skanky Mexican place for carnitas. 




Sunday we had Sunday dinner with our friends the Price's. Chris was teaching Tyler how to BBQ chicken, and I walked over after dinner was ready. Dinner was delish and the food looked so pretty. It was a good dinner spending it with a good family. 




Fur ball pictures of the week:
This is the Price's new puppy, hes so cute!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin