Skip to main content

Welcome to the life of Alys

I'm starting into the blogging world again. I am a family history major at BYU-I and we have recently discussed journaling. I do keep a personal written journal for my all my spiritual, personal things but I wanted to start a blog for my day to day activities. sometimes I lead an exciting life. Journaling is important. Wouldn't you just love to find an our journal of a long ago ancestor? To read about their life, their trials and hardships. I would love to get my hands on something like that. I keep a journal for my future posterity. I want their family history research to be easy, unlike mine is. I do not want them to wonder who I am and what I did in my  life.

My sweet husband Christopher calls me Alys (pronounced Alice) I am not sure how that nick name came across but that is who I am. I have friends who call me Alys and some people call me Alys and have no idea my name is actually Alyssa. Chris never calls me Alyssa, and when he does, that means I painted something I shouldn't have or played "hide and go seek" with his things he leaves laying around the house. I really love him and think of how blessed I am to have him in my life.

Chris and I on the Snake River

I am from The beautiful Ocean State, Rhode Island! Born and raised right by the beach and spent most of my days on the beach. When I was 17 my family and I moved to Idaho. I met Chris here at church and 10 months later boom:marraige. Chris is a counselor and I am a part time receptionist for a Doctor. I am very blessed for Chris' education that allows me to only have to work 2-3 days a week and pay for my tuition every semester.
My mom, dad, sisters, husbands and their children

I am a mom to two pups and a cat. Yes, I call myself their mom. I have longed, hoped and prayed to be a mom for the last 7 years. We are currently doing IUI which is also known as Artificial Insemination. The procedure is performed by my wonderful crazy midwife and my awesomest  nuttiest friend Rachel. You can find her blog here: http://crazycnm.blogspot.com/  She wants to be a famous obnoxious blogger. Lets make that happen.
My babies

This is Mama Jo and I, and yes, this is the crazy woman trying to get me pregnant

In my spare time I shoot. and I shoot a lot. I am part of an all-womens gun club here in Eastern Idaho called Idaho-Women of Caliber. I am also on their competition team. I have been competing almost weekly in USPSA, and IDPA type matches. Led is in my blood. (probably, really), its who I have become. I can't get enough of it. Its all I do and think about. I watch tons of youtube videos on professional shooters and I would love to be like them someday. I do not want this to be a season of my life, I want this to be a forever thing.

Some days my life is fun and exciting. Other days I stay in my pajamas all day while doing home work or running marathons. OK, I don't run marathons, but I do netflix marathons and that is totally the same thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

Treat Yo Self!

I love to pamper myself, on a budget of course. But what girl doesn't? I promise I am in no way high maintenance, hence the fact all my clothes come from Wal Mart, I'm obsessed with guns and I love the outdoors. But there is a side of me who loooooves to get her nails did and spend too much money on all the pretty makeup. My friends own a beauty school here in my town and I get all my beauty services done there, 1, its a really good price and 2, the students need to learn and I am not picky! Plus some of my friends work there and its fun to see them! I also think it might be a problem when the receptionist knows its you on the phone... Since school is destroying my life I haven't been to the salon in forever!! Also, my bestie JP moved away and we would go get our nails done every two weeks. Last week I decided I NEEDED a microderm. Basically, a microderm is someone with a sandpaper machine going over your face with it to get rid of dead skin cells which can result in glowin