Skip to main content

I'm Officially Old

Monday my grandpa died. He was 94 years old and lived a nice long life. I am so grateful I made it out to Rhode Island when I did, so I could spend time with him and say my goodbye. My grandpa was a good man. I have good memories of spending time with my McGinnes family. Every Saturday we would go to my grandparents house for BLT'S, every Saturday! It was always the same. I remember him always being a big, tall, strong man. He loved golf, and he loved to watch the Red Sox. My grandma died 8 years ago, and they are together again. I wonder what their reunion was like? I could only imagine the happiness of love being reunited. My grandpa was 6'something and my grandma was 4'11, and they made it work. I remember sitting on my grandma's lap, in her special chair, that sits in the same spot in their house today, playing with my hair, bouncing me on her lap, hugging me close and singing to me. Beautiful memories that I will cherish forever.

A few hours after my grandpa died, we found out that Chris is getting laid off. Yay for opposition in all things! His job has been really rough on him, and he has been working so much and is gone at all hours of the night. We don't know what we will do next, just pray that Chris gets a new job soon, so we won't be without health insurance for long. Whatever happens, we are in it together. I had every intention of going to the gym Monday night, but after life said "Hey, you suck!" I made bad decisions instead, like this:

Monday was also 10 years since I had graduated high school! Ugh, I know! I am so old. I really can't even believe it has been 10 years since I was that wild rebel child who spent more time killing brain  cells then actually in class. I wish I could show my 17 year old self the person I had become. I pulled out my old Seniors T-shirt, and thought about high school all day. 


 After Monday was so terrible, I made my Tuesday better. I worked by butt at the gym, and then spent the rest of the day at the lake with my sisters, and nephew. Idaho is just beautiful! It was such a pretty scenery, and we all had a good day together. 








So, I write these posts on facebook called, "Life of a Trophy Receptionist" As a joke, because I think I am funny. I have to write a disclaimer though: I really do actually work! I just like to post the funny things. Well, This weeks episode of Life of a Trophy Receptionist, on a really hot day this week, after one employee already tried, I was able to bat my eyes and get my boss to give me his credit card to go get the office frosties. It was super easy to convince him, and I am wondering what else I can convince him of. 

At work, I am also starting to train a little on being a tech, just to be a backup. I have been following a tech around in the exam rooms and just observing. Well, I decided to try touching someone's eyes. Ginger was so kind enough to let me play with her eyes, and I think she may have been sacred a little, but hey, I have to learn some how! Amy was taking pictures for me, for my blog, and I was putting in drops in Ginger's eyes and I was saying " I have no idea what I am doing" Amy thought that would be a good caption for these pictures. 



I had a match this week in 90 degree weather, and it was so terrible I don't even want to talk about it! It was a different type of match I have never done before, and I didn't know the rules and I don't even think I hit the target! But I was still out shooting, doing what I love, so I guess I can't complain.


Friday evening was our monthly Bunco night! Jenni and I got our nails done for it like usual. It was a fun night with my friends, talking trashy, eating, food, and rolling dice.





 Saturday morning I spent time at the range with Women of Caliber, helping promote our club for an event that was going on.


Mama Jo is in town for the weekend and I kindly asked her to bring the bear suit to me, since we have shared custody of it. It was so kind of her daughter to wake me up at 8am on a Saturday wearing it. So sweet of her. She also wore it to family pictures. Hilarious. So now that it is summer time and I have the bear suit, I am down for any pranks if anyone is up for it ;) Sunday Rachel invited us over to her super awesome families house for lunch. That family his hilarious, and they are so nice. I like to just sit and watch it all. 


                                                    Here are my snapchats for the week:





And my pet pictures of the week:

                                                       Jasper wanted me to get out of bed
This is what it is like to workout at home






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter and Not Having Friends at Church

I had the privilege of teaching the Easter lesson this Sunday. I taught on the Savoir's last week on earth. I hid Easter eggs all over the room with scpritures on Christ inside them. The girls loved the Easter egg hunt because their parents say they are too old for egg hunts.  Sunday's are hard sometimes. I caught my self crying during sacrament today. well, because I have no friends. About a year ago our Ward was dissolved. I had a lot of friends at church, some who have become my best friends. My good friend Jenni who lives a block away and was really my only friend in the ward, moved across town yesterday. Another family I am friends with is moving as well. Church is the hardest place to make friends. I feel like because I don't have kids, and I'm not a newly wed, I don't fit in with any of the groups. The people my age have a million kids, and the couples without kids are kids themselves and just got married like last week, and no one has really wanted to be my

2016

I have sat and thought a lot about what I am going to say in this post. So much has happened this year, its been rough but it also has been a blessing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I learned a lot this year. First of all the biggest thing I learned that I definitely paid for was listening to bad feelings. I learned what true friendship was, and saw the ones who cared and saw the ones who didn't. I learned about priorities and what really is important in life. I learned of death and that death is not the end. I learned patience. Maybe I didn't learn patience but I tolerated patience. I learned and always knew that no matter what happens in life that you and your spouse are all that matters. Lets start off with January. Chris was working at the juvenile detention center 45 minuets away from our house. This was a wonderful job opportunity that we both felt so good about. It started to become rough. He was gone all the time and we never saw each other. He

I like older men.

This weekend was Christopher's birthday!! My main man is 33 now, I'm still holding on to my mid twenties like my life is depending on it.  We went for a short get a way to the big city, Salt Lake City. Left the dogs with the grand parents and off we went. After I doused myself in essential oils I was calm enough to sit as a passenger in the car. I think I made my self too sick with anxiety and worry. Tears were shed for no reason in the middle of a resturant and hanging over the toilet Happened. It's either my anxiety or these fertility drugs I was taking. But I have my big girl panties on and can handle this!  The first thing we did was hit up Cripsy Cream. It's like heaven in your mouth. Lunch was at Roadizo Grill. We took our selves shopping and back to the hotel for rest.  The next morning we found a random Ward to attend to take the sacrament, stopped to take a look at the Brigham City Temple, and got back on the road. Like I said, this was a super fast trip.  When